Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Day 139

this is my car. we are beginning to have a love-hate relationship. and today was one of those days when i hated it. i didn't have the best nights sleep but decided to meet with katie, my trainer, anyway. i got to the gym for my 6 am session and was greeted by one of the staff telling me i needed to call katie because she overslept. surprisingly, i wasn't mad at all. i guess since i wasn't really sleeping anyway it wasn't like i would have slept longer...


now, at this point most people would say, ok, i'm here so i might as well work out. well, not me! i hate the gym and the only reason i go is to work out with katie. so i promptly headed back downstairs to the locker room and decided to shower and get ready for work.


after i showered and finished getting ready i did my usual, headed to starbucks and then got in my car and drove to a side street to read my bible and pray before work. well, while reading and praying, my lights must not have gone off so when i was done, ready to get to work, my car wouldn't start :( and of course, it was one of those days, who i am kidding it is one of those weeks, where i just started to cry.


thankfully my friend dawn answered her phone, didn't mind driving to me and had jumper cables. it was definitely one of those divine appointments that morning. there was definitely a reason my trainer overslept and my car died. dawn was the blessing i needed that morning.


1 Peter 5:10: And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

No comments: