Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day 343

hopefully i will remember a pic today! but before then, i thought i would share this devotional i read this morning. it is so encouraging :)

When an angel visited Mary and told her she would carry God's Son, she responded, "How can this be?" God had chosen her for a task that was humanly impossible.

Do you ever feel that way? I know I often feel totally inadequate for the things God has called me to do. That's why I love the angel's response to Mary. He said, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you" (Luke 1:35).

That's the power we need. You can't raise that child, love that husband, care for that elderly parent, submit to that boss, or lead that Bible study apart from the power of God's Spirit working through you.

Have you been called to do something and you just don't know how to pull it off? When we're willing to acknowledge our weakness, get out of the way, and let God take over, our lives will be overshadowed with the power of the Most High.

-Nancy Leigh DeMoss

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey,

Beautiful thought today. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I've been bombarded. Here's my email address:
sandyv74@yahoo.com

Merry Christmas!!!
Sandra