Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Day 188

have you ever had, who am i kidding, of course you have, one of those days when you feel like you are running into the wind? like no matter how hard you try, that wind is just going to keep you from getting ahead? well that's how i felt today (maybe you relate to feeling like you are swimming against the current?). and then it really felt like it when at 10am i got a call from my security company telling me there was a break-in at my condo. hmm...

so i left work immediately and drove home, hoping it was a false alarm, when i got a call from chicago PD saying there was a break-in and they would be waiting for me. i get there and find the perpetrators had kicked in my back door, ran in, and stole my TV. praise the Lord that is all they took! i was so afraid i was going to come home and my lap top, with all my pictures, would be gone.

there were a few things that went through my head for the next few hours while calling the insurance company, my family, contractors, etc.

1. praise the Lord i wasn't home
2. why didn't i put the alarm system stickers on my door and windows - idiot!
3. if these were just kids that did this (we think it was two teenagers), what else are they messing with? how lost are they?
4. praise the Lord i wasn't home

the door with the dust from the evidence technician - yeah, the guy who finds finger prints and stuff at a crime scene. very weird to have that done in your house

the side of the door. see that crack? and that was taken after the developer "squeezed" it back together so he could screw the door shut with like eight 8 inch nails
the out side of the door. can you see how they creamed it! i wish i had gotten a pic of the handle before they took if off, crazy.
where the TV used to be, oh well. i feel this is one of those seasons where one thing after another will come my way. i have found that usually that means God is working and in that, i take comfort. i praise the Lord as well for the peace and lack of fear i have right now.

please join me in praying for the two teenage boys that did this. i can't imagine how desperate they must feel to have to break into someone's house and steal. i pray that someone of great character would come into their lives and help them get out of their own mess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for those Boys with you............wait a second, I am actually praying for you !!!

Running with perseverance (Heb. 12: 1-3) said...

who is anonymous?

Running with perseverance (Heb. 12: 1-3) said...

i am sorry, but which cousin are you? i have no idea who fremcie, david and frankie are?? sorry!