Sunday, July 8, 2007

the happy couple :)


i took this in the limo on our way to the reception. at the reception i gave my very first speech at a wedding and i was sooo nervous. here is an excerpt from my speech (i typed it out of course!)


Tracy, the love, encouragement and support you have shown me, unconditionally shown me, will forever be with me. I don’t know much about marriage, but what I do know is that if you can show that much kindness and love to me, Tojy has made a great choice in you today! Throughout this courtship and engagement you have grown so much, and the woman that sits in front of us today is not the same girl I moved in with or even the same girl that moved to Rogers Park. You have grown into this amazing woman of God, grown in confidence, grace and humility. And Tojy, you are a major part of that. You have challenged her, pushed her, and helped make her into this woman. You are the man of God she has been looking for.

And when I look at you two I see how awesome our God is. Proverbs 139:16 “All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Is clearly visible here today. God ordained this marriage before you two were even born. As the video montage showed, I am sure neither of you ever considered that the person you would end up with would come from the other side of the world. But God knew, he knew before time that he was going to create Tojy Thomas to love and care for Tracy for the rest of her life. And I just want to thank our Lord and Savior for blessing me with the opportunity to witness this relationship grow and come into existence.

You two are a blessing in my life and I look forward to seeing how God uses you in the future.

No comments: